Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Humans need breaks

I took a class a while back called Managing Your Energy which was very interesting and focused on how to...well...manage your energy. One thing they mentioned was that taking a break during a long day at work will actually increase your energy and your productivity. Humans need breaks.

Guess what? I'm human, today is a long day at work, so I took a break.

There is a park right next to campus that has benches to sit on, and a nice man-made stream to sit by, so this is usually where I go when I'm in need of a peaceful moment. I happened to take a picture of my view from a bench during the winter when the trees were bare. I found myself sitting on the same bench today but today the trees were covered in beautiful pink flowers. I just had to snap some pics as a reminder to take breaks in life. We deserve them.

View during winter (Jan '11)

View during spring (Apr '11)



Does anyone know what kind of trees they are? They're really gorgeous, although I don't know if I'd suggest them for your home (unless you like gardening). Today was windy and it was literally snowing pink petals as I sat there.

Note: Pics taken using the Retro Camera application on my Nexus S phone

No comments:

Post a Comment